Color: Oyster White
- YOUR GO-TO DUTCH OVEN: A flawless pairing of form and function that doesn't quit. The Lodge Dutch Oven not only makes your kitchen look good but is an enameled cast iron classic great for preparing and serving memorable meals. Broil, braise, bake or roast your favorite meals in the oven up to 500 Degree F.
- WHAT IS PORCELAIN ENAMEL ON CAST IRON. It is glass that becomes bonded to the cast iron at high temperatures. A particulate of glass, called frit, is applied to the cast iron vessel and then baked at temperatures between 1200 and 1400° F. The glass frit melts and fuses to the cast iron, forming a bond. Porcelain enamel on cast iron is heat tolerant and impervious to water and other consumables.
- EASY TO COOK AND CLEAN: The porcelain enameled interior has a smooth finish that minimizes sticking, promotes caramelization and resists staining. Although enameled cast iron is dishwasher safe, hand washing with warm soapy water and a nylon scrub brush is recommended to keep your Dutch Oven in tip top shape
- HEAT RETENTION: The cast iron vessel has superior heat distribution and retention, evenly heating throughout both the bottom and sidewalls. The tightly fitting lid seals in moisture for scrumptious pot roast, stews or a large batch of beans. Our heat retention also reduces the amount of energy needed for cooking.
- FAMILY-OWNED. Lodge is more than just a business; it’s a family. The Lodge family founded the company in 1896, and they still own it today. From environmental responsibility to community development, their heads and hearts are rooted in America. Products made with non-toxic, PFOA & PTFE free material.
model number: Enameled Dutch Oven
Part Number: EC6D13
Details: This 6-Quart enamel Dutch oven is great for cooking, marinating, refrigeration and freezing. The color porcelain enamel on cast iron can be used on gas, electric, ceramic and induction cooktops, as well as in the oven. Not recommended for use on outdoor grills or over open outdoor flames. Not for use in microwaves. Lodge Color Porcelain Enamel on Cast Iron cookware is cast from molten iron in individual sand molds. The porcelain surface eliminates the need to season cast iron. The cast iron vessel has superior heat distribution and retention, evenly heating bottom sidewalls and even the lid. Tightly fitting lid seals in moisture. The excellent heat retention reduces the amount of energy needed for cooking. Two layers of very hard, glossy porcelain enamel are chip resistant and easy to clean. Stainless steel lid knob is oven safe to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. The black rim on the pot is matte porcelain, not exposed cast iron. Hygienic porcelain enamel is non-reactive with food. Although dishwasher safe, hand washing with warm soapy water is recommended to preserve the cookware's original appearance. Made in China.
Package Dimensions: 14.1 x 13.0 x 6.7 inches